Tuesday, August 2, 2022

 I was recently asked to write about Mumbai in 180 words. I had applied to become a comedy writer with a leading TJ (Tourist Jockey). The write up was on Rains in Mumbai and is given below. Hope you enjoy reading it in as much as I enjoyed writing it :

 
My Aamchi Mumbaikar friend Sunil Shinde asked me “Have you experienced rains in Mumbai? After all, you are a Southie. When it rains, it pours elephants and dinosaurs and not cats and dogs like in South.  I replied “Do Bhoondon ke keemath thum kya jaano Shindeji, hamey tho Baarish se dar nahi lagtha, dry roast karne waale garmi se dar lagtha”. Shinde could not control his laughter. He asked me if I was the long-legged Deepika Padukone after listening to the first half of my dialogue or I was the voluptuous Sonakshi Sinha after listening to the latter half.  I am the typical Madarasi who answer something akin to the Ethiopian child when asked “What do you want to be when you grow up?” as “Alive”, stating that we used to have only 3 seasons in Chennai – hot, hotter and hottest. Only these days, thanks to global warming, we also realize that clouds can rain water on us bountifully. Now was my turn to return in kind- “What started as a drizzle, ends up in a deluge.”

No comments:

Post a Comment